Tuesday, June 3

Reflections Tag

I've seen this on a few different blogs, so I thought I'd join the fun!

20 years ago...
I was 5 years old and just about ready for kindergarten. I was so excited to go to school like all the rest of my siblings. I'm the youngest, so I always wanted to be doing what the older kids were doing. I remember playing a lot with my cousin, Krystle. My mom and her mom are sisters, and we are less than a year apart in age. We'd either all go out for the day and go to Chick-fil-A at the mall, or we would play at each other's houses a lot. I specifically remember those afternoons when I played over at Krystle's house. Her mom would have us each take a nap in a different room... Krystle would always wake up before me, even though I'm older. She'd sleep for probably an hour, and I was out for three hours! I always felt like I was missing out on the fun while I slept.

10 years ago...
I was 15 years old and had just finished 9th grade at SJH. Go Sundevils!!! I was so excited for high school, and driving, and dating. I was obsessed with volleyball, and I was going to conditioning for the high school team and getting ready to try out to make the team (which I did). I didn't really have any close friends because my two best friends were starting to make some pretty dumb decisions... I ended up meeting such amazing friends in high school, though!

5 years ago...
I had just moved to Iowa after getting married. Dennis and I had our second wedding reception (this one in Iowa), and my whole family minus my sister had driven out for it. We went to Nauvoo and Carthage that week, and then they all headed back to Utah. I cried so hard when they left. I'm pretty sure I scared Dennis that I was going to run away after them! Dennis and I had a week of fun at the beginning of June before he started working at the university hospital and I started summer classes. It was fun to have no responsibility for a week or two after we got married.

3 years ago...
Sarah was our little newborn. She was only about 5 or 6 weeks old at this point. We lived in Utah. I remember wondering if I was ever going to be skinny again, so my sister and I would wake up at 5:45 each morning and go walking together. That summer was so fun for Dennis and I because we were in a new house and had our new little baby. We spent a lot of time hanging out with my parents or with Dennis's sister and her family.

1 year ago...
I was just starting to experience my first Oklahoma summer - hot and humid! Sarah wanted to go swimming in our kiddie pool outside every day. Emma was really fun and smiley all the time. We were beginning the long process of remodeling parts of our house. The kitchen was all torn up and some of it was open to the attic!

So far this year...
We've almost completed the remodeling on our house (as soon as we get new kitchen cabinets - hopefully in the next few weeks)! We welcomed little Andrew to our family in March, and he is getting to be super fun. He smiles soooo much and just loves his parents and sisters. We've had a lot of family come visit, which has been really fun for all of us.

Yesterday...
The girls and I just stayed home and did some things around the house. Sarah and Emma have been sick, especially Sarah. She doesn't even have much of a voice. After she coughs, she always says "I feel so sick," in her sad little way. Dennis and I also talked about our kitchen cabinets and counter tops, and we watched CSI:Miami together so that we could make fun of it the whole time.

Today...
We're going to run a couple errands and play. We might even make a homemade volcano with some old playdough (thanks for the idea, Melissa).

Tomorrow...
The kids and I will go to storytime at the library, and probably go to WalMart for groceries and diapers (the necessities). Dennis will go play basketball with some friends tomorrow night, and I'll have my weekly at-home pedicure!

5 comments:

Eric and Jenny said...

I love this tag, it is so fun to look back on all the different stages in your life. I can totally relate crying when all of your family leaves you in a strange place all alone for the first time. I cried for a week straight when my mom left Kentucky after helping me unpack. I hope your girls get feeling better, poor Sarah it must be so sad to hear her say she doesn't feel good.

Jon and Melissa said...

Hey I had better be one of those amazing friends that you met in high school! Let me know how the volcano turns out.

Katie Jane said...

Such a good tag! I love all of your tags, I really like to hear what is going on. I forget that we didn't meet until the summer before our senior year. It just feels like we have known each other forever.

Ashley Dickman said...

It's always fun to learn more! That's exciting to hear that your house is coming along so well... I'm sure that you are thrilled! Hope you are doing well... it's been forever since I've seen you! I also hope the girls are doing better!

Ash and Casey Woodyatt said...

It is so fun to think back to the old days. I remember elementary with you like it was yesterday. It is funny the little things we remember.