1. Emma has a great smile! I think Emma's smile is the cutest thing I've ever seen - seriously. She loves to ham it up, and always says "EEEEZE!" instead of "cheese." She loves to have fun, and you can always tell when she's having a good time.
2. Emma loves food. Ever since she started trying out different foods, we knew Emma could hold her own at the dinner table. She even out eats Sarah, which isn't too hard I guess. There are very few things she's ever refused... other than orange fruit snacks (for some reason she spits those ones out).
3. Emma is a big-time cuddle bug. It took until she was about nine months old before she would cuddle, but she hasn't stopped since. She wants to cuddle when she wakes up, in the middle of the day, when Dennis gets home, before bed, and any other time. She just loves to be held and hugged. She also gives great kisses while she cuddles and says, "NNNNNUH!" Andrew is often the object of her affection!
4. Emma looks a lot like me. I take pride in this simple thing. It might seem weird to some of you, but I love that I have a child that resembles myself as a kid. It's fun for me to see old pictures of myself and think, "That's totally Emma!"
5. Emma's best friend is Sarah. They laugh and laugh all day long, playing together. Today they've chased each other in circles, taken turns climbing over the back of the couch and flipping down, and had a party while they're supposed to be napping. I hope they stay friends forever. I think it's great they've got each other to grow up together.
Well, Andrew is six weeks old today so let's see if I can list five things about him. That's almost one thing a week!
1. Andrew looks sooo much like his Daddy. From the first moment I saw him, I thought he had Dennis's nose. He also has his daddy's lips, and we'll see as he grows what else they share. I think it is so cute to look down at my little boy and see my husband in him.
2. Drew is the 14th grandchild on both sides. Big families, huh? And there are more coming!!
3. Andrew has his nights and days figured out. Drew is still eating pretty much around the clock, but after he eats at night he goes right back to sleep. It is such a blessing. All I have to do is feed him, change his diaper, and put him back in his crib. What a baby!
4. Andrew is very patient! You wouldn't think you could tell at this age if a baby was patient, but Drew sure is. He puts up with hugs, squeezes, kisses, and pokes from his sisters all day long. He hardly ever cries about it, so I figure he's a pretty patient little guy.
5. Drew loves the dryer. If Drew is really fussy and we can't figure out what's wrong, then we put him in his car seat on top of the dryer. Within a few minutes, the sound and rhythm of the dryer settle him right down. It's nice to have a last resort to soothe him!
Okay... we're tagging anyone who wants to be tagged. How's that?