Friday, May 13

Caps & Gowns


I never thought "Kindergarten Graduation" was a big deal. Not until today, that is. Not until my little girl was one of those Kindergarten graduates.

Sarah's elementary school owns caps and gowns sized for 5 and 6 year-olds. It was the cutest graduation I have ever seen. Ever. By far.

They recited a Kindergarten poem, sang the alphabet and signed it in sign language. Sarah was practicing all week, and quite disappointed that I couldn't help her with the letters she forgot the signs for.


Sarah's teacher, Mrs. Beeby, was an answer to our prayers! Her pre-K teacher was... less than stellar I'll say. This year was a completely different story. Sarah was thrilled to go to school and happy when she got home. I know a huge part of that had to do with Mrs. Beeby.


Left to Right: Sarah, Lauren, Hope, Paige
From the very first day of school, Sarah has talked about her friends. This little group of girls had been friends for a while, but were so sweet to take Sarah into their group and make her feel involved. She never once felt left out, and I know at that age that is a big deal. Love these little people!



K is for Kindergarten - hip, hip, hooray!
I is for imagination we use everyday.
N is for numbers - we know one, two three.
D is for drawing, the best you can see!
E is for exercise to keep our bodies strong.
R is for reading books all day long.
G is for good friends. We made more each day.
A is for the alphabet we know how to say.
R is for remembering everything we learned.
T is for treats every Friday we earned.
E is for excitement. This year we've had some.
N is for next year. First grade here we come!

3 comments:

TEAM BOWMAN said...

TOO CUTE! did you cry? I totally would've ;)

Jon and Melissa said...

So cute. I wish they did something like that here! She looks so grown up in that cap and gown...kind of sad.

Jennie's bunch said...

How fun!!! I love little bodies in those cap and gowns!! Soooo cute!!! :)