I'm not saying our girls have been angels, but there is just something different about Andrew. Let's talk about this a bit...
- He has a natural ability to throw. He throws anything and everything: sippy cups, food, balls, toys, you name it. Just for fun or to make a point that he doesn't want it anymore... it gets thrown!
- Andrew likes to make a mess. The second I get the playroom completely cleaned up, I turn around and Andrew has dumped one (if not more) bin of toys already. He takes the leftover food on his high chair tray and does a hand sweeping motion to get rid of the rest. Evidence?There goes a perfectly good bowl of cereal dumped over his head
- He hits... a lot. I always thought it was so great that my kids weren't hitters. But then Andrew became a little boy. He hits his sisters when they won't share toys, he pulls their hair too. He even hits Dennis and I in the face when we're holding him - just for fun! Let me tell you that it's not funny.
- He bites. Ask Andrew for a kiss and you'll give a big open mouth kiss that quickly turns into a bite if you're not fast enough. It hurts too!
- He likes cords, hoses, gadgets, etc. Andrew loved the vacuum cord and is constantly unplugging it while I'm vacuuming. He likes to find the cell phone chargers, unplug them, and carry them around the house. He loves the garden hose even when he gets wet. It's just something to play with! He likes to hang out in the garage and play with the shop vac. What could be better? It has a cord AND a hose after all. This leads us to the next point...
- He likes noise or destruction or something! His favorite past time is to stand at the top of our drive way and push anything with wheels down the hill and into the street. I don't know if he likes the noise or he's trying to break something! Usually it's the shop vac that is the toy here, but lately it's been the toy lawn mower. Today he had his mower and our neighbor's mower, and he would push them down one after the other. Sarah kept sprinting down the driveway to rescue the lawnmowers.
- He climbs like a monkey. Last week Andrew's big accomplishment was learning how to get up on the coffee table that sits behind our couch, swing his leg up and over the back of the couch, then get off the front of the couch, and then start it all over again! He likes to stand on the coffee table and yell a little to get our attention so that we'll watch him.