Five years ago today, Dennis and I were sealed in the Logan LDS temple. It was one of the most amazing days of my life (along with the days each of our children were born). I remember knowing then - as I do now - that he is who I want to stand with throughout all eternity.
The top 5 reasons I love Dennis:
1. He is my best friend. Growing up, I always wanted to be married to my best friend. That's what my parents always said they had. I am sooo happy to say that is exactly what I have. Whenever one of the kids does something new, or I have exciting news, or even when something sad has happened, Dennis is the first one I want to share it with. I found a quote that I love: "A happy marriage is a long conversation that always seems too short." This is exactly how I feel. I always wish we had more time to talk.
2. He is very fun to be around. It doesn't matter how sad or discouraged I am, Dennis can make me smile. When he is relentlessly teasing me, he says, "You'd be bored without me!" He is 100% right! Eternity is a long time if you don't have someone by your side to make you smile.
3. He'll give the shirt off his back... and he has literally. A couple of years ago, Dennis and I went to the temple together. It was in the winter, so he was wearing a wool dress coat over his white shirt and tie. As we met going out, I realized I couldn't see his shirt collar under the coat. When we got to the car, I asked him about it. In usual Dennis fashion, he avoided my curiosity until I dragged it out of him. He noticed another guy there whose shirt was getting pretty ragged, so Dennis gave him his and zipped his coat up tight!
4. He is a hard worker. Dennis grew up on a farm, and loved it! To me that shows what a hard worker he is. You can't love farming if you can't work with the best of them. He always puts his heart into whatever he's doing, and I'm so grateful that he supports our family so that I can be a mom.
5. He is an absolutely wonderful father. When Dennis first visited me in Utah, I realized how good he was with kids. I added that to my growing list of qualities he had that I admired. He hasn't disappointed as we've had kids either! It's obvious that Sarah and Emma adore him, and it's only a matter of time before Andrew becomes his little shadow. Dennis can make the girls laugh like I only wish I could.
I wish it were our ten year anniversary because I could list so many more reasons why I love this guy.
Happy Anniversary to us!