Friday, December 7

For Love of Fridays...

Well, this Friday I am in Utah for a family funeral. For my Friday posts, I usually write about my kids and my life in Oklahoma with Dennis and our little family. But, being here in Utah has reminded me of all the things I love here.

I love my MOM!

My mom is just the best... she is one of my closest friends and I feel like we talk at least 5 times a week. I can call her about questions with my kids, ingredients for recipes, or if I just feel like talking. We have so much fun together and I love that she loves my kids. She is the sweetest grandmother and is a total push-over to boot. I'm always telling her, "Boy, you didn't let us kids get away with something like that!" But, I love it. I also love the way she's always challenging herself. A few years ago, she lost 85 pounds and now she walks marathons with one of her good friends - not to mention that she walks 4-6 miles 6 days a week (which she's been doing since I was a baby). She is just full of life and full of fun.

I love my DAD.

He is a fun-loving, goofy, and admirable man. My dad is a great guy to be around... I remember as a little girl that I wanted to marry someone like my dad because I have always respected him so much. I love when I come to visit my parents because my dad takes me on a "doughnut run." Last time I visited, we actually went on two runs because the doughnuts ran out too fast and we needed more the next day. I don't think I will ever grow out of being "Daddy's little girl," and I don't think I want to!

I love snow!

Okay... I don't always love the snow, but living in Oklahoma has made me really miss it. Today it has been snowing at my parents' house, and even though I have complained about how cold it is, I still just love the winter feeling that only snow can bring. It's actually starting to feel like Christmas-time to me to see the huge flakes coming down outside...

5 comments:

Ashley and Devan said...

You are here! I am sorry that it is for a funeral. If you get the chance give me a call and we can meet up. Your Friday post's are always so great!

suds2004 said...

I look forward to your Friday post. I agree mom's and dad's are the best. What would we do without them? I hope you guys are having a good holiday season.

Ashley said...

That's great that you are back in Utah. I'm sorry about the funeral though. Hope your holidays are going well!

Ashley Dickman said...

I'm sorry to hear about your aunt! Hope y'all were able to make it home in this wonderful ice storm!

We actually got Kaden's bunk bed in Texas at Ashley's furniture, but we priced them everywhere here too. We were looking for a twin on top and a full on bottom and the best deal here was at Mathis Brothers, but for a twin on twin was at this little bed store near Mathis brothers. I don't remember the exact name.

Jennie's bunch said...

I can't imagine my world without my Mom and Dad! Fun pictures!!
I hope you make it back to us okay with all this ice!!