Our little baby is a year old! Is that even possible? Andrew is now entering the toddler phase of his life... or he will when he's good and ready to walk.
Some facts about our BIG boy at one year old:
- He does not like being dressed! While changing a diaper or even changing clothes, Andrew squirms away and tries to make a run (or crawl) for it. He hates those pesky clothes. (He is extremely fast at getting away too. I have to pin him down for diaper changes).
- Andrew jabbers... a lot. His favorite LOUD conversations occur during church or while we're trying to talk on the phone. The boy just wants to be heard!
- He tries to walk occasionally. Depending on his mood for the day, Andrew will walk halfway across the room or absolutely refuse to try. It just depends on what he wants. He will stand himself up constantly throughout the day just to get a better view of the room, but he's unsure of himself while walking.
- He likes different foods. Andrew will eat almost anything off our plates. He doesn't like baby foods, and almost refuses to be spoon-fed. But if it comes off our plate or he can feed himself with his hands he is good to go!
- He has the sweetest smile! Seriously... there is something about his smile that just makes me happy. It's almost like a mischievous little grin that says, "I'm cute, but I'm trouble!"
- Andrew is curious. No matter where I am in the house, I constantly turn around and find things taken apart and out of their place. He also likes to "help" after I've cleaned up the toys. The minute the last toy bin is put away, he sneaks behind me and pulls out as many toys as he can reach. What a boy!
- He is a MOMMA'S BOY. Andrew has a real affection for his mommy. It is very endearing when it's not inconvenient.
- We love Andrew! He is one great boy and we'll keep him!
For Andrew's birthday we made a tractor cake, what else? It was a hit! I had never used fondant frosting, so I was extremely intimidated, but it turned out pretty good. Better in some ways than I imagined and worse in other ways. All in all, it was a success and Andrew thoroughly enjoyed devouring it.
Sarah and Emma had fun celebrating Andrew's birthday. They watched him eat his cake and helped a little, only taking a couple bites themselves. They did great at letting Andrew really experience it on his own. Then, they got down to business with the presents and helped unwrap them faster than Andrew could see them. It was a very fun party.