Tuesday, December 27

And then you blink...

And she's FIVE!
Emma is five years old.

The birthday girl had fun watching her Littlest Pet Shop cake come to life.  

She was the only one allowed in the kitchen during the construction. 
She got to pass her time waiting for birthday presents by playing with all the new Christmas presents from two days ago. 

Grandma & Grandpa Hunger came to her party and she was a happy girl.



  • Emma is still a sweet, sweet girl.
  • She loves giving people hugs.  It doesn't matter who they are, she just knows everybody needs a hug once in a while.
  • When we meet someone new, she introduces herself and all the rest of the kids.  She's very outgoing.
  • She thinks she is Jared's mother.  She wants to hold his hand when he walks, dust him off when he falls...
  • She shares really well.  While opening her birthday presents, she kept saying, "Sarah, you can play this with me!"
  • She likes to sing primary songs and her favorite ones are "I Love to See the Temple" and "Scripture Power."
  • She loves going to school and wished she got to go with Sarah.
  • She has a mischievous laugh that I know means trouble when I hear it.  It means she is teasing someone.  With all her sweetness, at least she's got spunk too! 
  • Given a choice between meat and some other food item, she will choose meat... with a side of meat.
  • Our family could never be complete without Emma. 
 

3 comments:

Eric and Jenny said...

I always forget Emma and Luke share the same birthday, such fun right after Christmas isn't it!

I hope her day was wonderful! Oh I laughed at your post about Jared walking. I can't believe he was your slowest walker. At 14 months Katelynn was my fastest walker, I must have slow moving kids!

Jennie's bunch said...

I can't believe she's 5!!! Happy birthday sweet Emma!!

Mitchell Missionary Messages said...

I need one of Emma's hugs!!