Wednesday, November 3

The dangers of Halloween candy

As I was preparing dinner Monday night, Jared started crying. I went to go check on him quickly, when I noticed Andrew went into our pantry and locked himself in. (Yes, we have a lock on our pantry door - if you have met Andrew you would know why. I've had boxes of cereal, packets of hot chocolate, and many other things distributed all over my house when the pantry ISN'T secure against that little guy.

Okay, back to the story: While checking on Jared, Andrew started crying... and wonderful mother that I am, I got mad and started thinking, "Why the heck did you lock yourself in the pantry little boy? Of course you're going to get hurt!" Then I unlocked the door and saw the blood. I felt sorry then! Andrew kept saying, "I climb - get treat mommy!" His lip was bleeding pretty bad, and Dennis was on his way home from work luckily. We sent the girl's to the neighbors' house and headed off to the after-hours clinic.

I'm so glad it was dinner time, so that Dennis could help out! He and Andrew loved on "Green" while waiting for the doctor.

Andrew was a champ through it all, a little sweetie. Two stitches on the inside, and one on the outside. I was thinking at the time that I thought it would have taken more stitches, though. We had to pick up an antibiotic prescription on the way home, and while we were waiting for it to be filled Andrew managed to get one of the stitches out! When we took him back, the doctor took out the other outside stitch and replaced them with derma-bond (the glue stitches).


Katie Jane said...

Macy and Andrew are stitch twinners! Oh man, candy is trouble!

Jon and Melissa said...

Oh my! I hate when I am made at my child for getting hurt, and then realize that they are REALLY hurt! I can't believe he got the stitch out-boys! Weird that you and Katie had to take your little ones in for stitches the same week. I hope I'm not next!

Brittany said...

OUCH, poor little guy! At least he was honest and told you what he was doing, right?

Andie said...

What a funny story! I better be on the look-out for lip stitch accidents! It seems it is in the air! :)